Saturday, January 3, 2015

Subtraction with Regrouping and Basic Facts

This year my students need to subtract 4-digit numbers, so we've really been working on it a lot and I know that our second grade teachers are working on 3-digit subtraction. Usually, 3-digit numbers are confusing for some by the end of the third grade, so this has been a challenge, but I expect it will be easier next year.

 It appears that we will be filling in gaps from Common Core for a few years.

My students are catching on, however, I still have a handful of students missing problems because of the basic facts.  It makes me crazy! 

I decided to create some basic math fact practice that only focuses on facts they'll find with regrouping.  The product is ready for my class and almost ready for my store. 




No comments:

Post a Comment